Quantitative Research & Trading
Quantitative Researcher - Shanghai
ALPHAGREP GLOBAL DATABASE, Shanghai
About the Company:
AlphaGrep is a quantitative trading and investment firm founded in 2010. We are one of the largest firms by trading volume on Indian exchanges and have significant market shares on several large global exchanges as well. We use a disciplined and systematic quantitative approach to identify factors that consistently generate alpha. These factors are then coupled with our proprietary ultra-low latency trading systems and robust risk management to develop trading strategies across asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, fixed income) that trade on global exchanges.
- Identify, maintain, and enhance trading strategies and business opportunities for our market making Algorithmic trading teams
- Analyze trading performance and financial time series data with fundamental statistical theories
- Use systematic and data-driven approach to automate trading strategies
- Financial model construction, back-testing, maintenance and improvement
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the technology team to understand, maintain, and improve our electronic trading system
- Ability to manage risk and detailed knowledge of all risk procedures
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in STEM field from top-tier institutes (a must)
- Familiarity with machine learning (a plus)
- Experience with data analysis, market research and data modelling (a plus)
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- Programming experience, preferably in C++, Python (a must)
- 2+ years past industry experience
- A passion for new technologies and ideas
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A working knowledge of Linux/Unix
Why You Should Join Us:
- Great People. We’re curious engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and like to have fun while achieving our goals.
- Transparent Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions.
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organisational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as yearly off-sites, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Health & Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, gym membership and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees.