AlphaGrep, India✓ Apply for this job
About the Company
AlphaGrep is a quantitative trading and investment firm founded in 2010. We are one of the largest firms by trading volume on Indian exchanges and have significant market share on several large global exchanges as well. We use a disciplined and systematic quantitative approach to identify factors that consistently generate alpha. These factors are then coupled with our proprietary ultra-low latency trading systems and robust risk management to develop trading strategies across asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, fixed income) that trade on global exchanges..
We are seeking bright and resourceful individuals for our Data team which is based out of our Mumbai office.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build infrastructure tools and applications to support trading teams across the firm.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Coordinate with global teams to understand their requirements and work alongside them.
- Establishing programming patterns, documenting components and provide infrastructure for analysis and execution
- Set up practices on data reporting and continuous monitoring
- Write a highly efficient and optimized code that is easily scalable.
- Adherence to coding and quality standards.
- Strong working knowledge in Python.
- Strong working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
Good to have
- Experience with web crawling and scraping, text parsing
- Experience working in Linux Environment
- Experience with Stock Market Data
Why You Should Join Us
- Great People. We’re curious engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and like to have fun while achieving our goals
- Transparent Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organizational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as yearly offsites, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Health & Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, gym membership and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees