AlphaGrep India - BANGALORE, India✓ Apply for this job
About the Company
AlphaGrep is a proprietary trading firm focused on algorithmic trading in asset classes across the globe. We cover the global markets by leveraging and integrating technology, risk management and quantitative research.
We are one of the largest firms by trading volume on Indian exchanges and have significant market share on several large global exchanges as well. We use a disciplined and systematic quantitative approach to identify factors that consistently generate alpha. These factors are then coupled with our proprietary ultra-low latency trading systems and robust risk management to develop trading strategies across asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, fixed income) that trade on global exchanges.
We are seeking bright and resourceful individuals for one of our Trading Teams team which is based out of our Bangalore office. The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support and stability of our infrastructure.
The role focuses on L1 level monitoring and support for our production trading applications and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate should
- Have hands-on-experience in providing 1st level monitoring and engineering support.
- Be familiar with Linux
- Be familiar with basic networking tools like ping, traceroute, etc.
- Have a basic understanding of scripting languages like Bash or Python.
He/she will be required to participate in operational shift cycle along with other members of the team.
- 1-3 years of strong hands-on experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for new technologies and ideas
- Good communication skills & time management
- Be proactive and plan for situations instead of reacting to them
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Prior knowledge or experience of financial trading will be a plus
Why You Should Join Us
- Great People. We’re curious engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and like to have fun while achieving our goals
- Transparent Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organizational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as yearly offsites, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Health & Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, gym membership and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees