AlphaGrep, India✓ Apply for this job
About the company:
AlphaGrep is a quantitative trading and investment firm founded in 2010. We are one of the largest firms by trading volume on Indian exchanges and have significant market share on several large global exchanges as well. We use a disciplined and systematic quantitative approach to identify factors that consistently generate alpha. These factors are then coupled with our proprietary ultra-low latency trading systems and robust risk management to develop trading strategies across asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, fixed income) that trade on global exchanges.t risk management to develop trading strategies across asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, fixed income) that trade on global exchanges.
As a Project Manager in a proprietary trading team, you will play a vital role in coordinating and managing projects, initiatives and regular engagements that involve technology, systems administration, network, and support teams. You will also act as an Agile coach and Jira administrator within the team.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Develop detailed project plans, manage task sequencing, track progress, identify risks or issues, and implement mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with technology, systems administration, network, and support teams to ensure smooth project execution.
- Drive quarterly OKR plan, performance conversations and team hiring requirements.
- Foster collaboration among different teams, including traders, quant analysts, accounts, operations, technology, systems-network administration, business development and support teams.
- Engage with traders, analysts, developers, and operations staff to align expectations and provide updates.
Agile Coaching and Jira administration:
- Act as an Agile coach, guiding the team in adopting and implementing Agile methodologies.
- Promote collaboration, transparency, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Serve as the Jira administrator for the team, managing Jira boards, Train members on Jira usage and best practices.
- Stay updated on industry trends, and best practices related to technology and trading.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, finance, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of total experience in IT industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a project manager within the financial industry preferably proprietary trading.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, trading strategies, and technology infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with technology, systems administration, network, and support teams.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects and delivering results within time and scope constraints.
- Must to have agile practitioner experience. Good to have Agile coach experience and relevant Agile certification (e.g., Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner)
- Hands on experience in Jira administration, including board customisation, workflow management, and reporting, Confluence and other DevOps tools.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and stakeholder management skills.
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment.
Why You Should Join Us
- Great People. We’re curious engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and like to have fun while achieving our goals
- Transparent Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organizational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as yearly offsites, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Health & Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, gym membership and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees