Junior Business Development
AlphaGrep - India, India✓ Apply for this job
AlphaGrep is a proprietary trading firm focused on algorithmic trading in asset classes across the globe. We cover the global markets by leveraging and integrating technology, risk management and quantitative research.
We are one of the largest firms by trading volume on Indian exchanges and have significant market share on several large global exchanges as well. We use a disciplined and systematic quantitative approach to identify factors that consistently generate alpha. These factors are then coupled with our proprietary ultra-low latency trading systems and robust risk management to develop trading strategies across asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, fixed income) that trade on global exchanges.
Business Development (BD) team is responsible for identifying global growth opportunities, market research, setting-up of operations in new markets and managing key internal projects. BD team is responsible for managing relationships and negotiating terms with trading venues, prime brokers and banks. BD team collaborates with trading, technology and risk & compliance teams to build new businesses or to expand in existing markets.
As a BD analyst/associate, you will be exposed to the inner workings of quantitative systematic trading across multiple asset classes and geographies (we currently trade in 10+ countries globally). We are looking for individuals who love being challenged, want to learn about the markets, and make an immediate and tangible impact.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic learner with a keen interest in markets, trading and technology. You will gain exposure to a wide variety of trading venues, brokers, banks and vendors, offering a unique perspective on the financial sector. Also, internally you work closely with the trading, technology and risk teams to understand all components of trading and to analyze new businesses.
- Support Business Development heads with analysis, research, and day-to-day activities
- Liaise with third parties - Stock Exchanges, Prime brokers, Vendors to assist in new initiatives and resolution of issues
- Maintain and update market statistics to assist firm strategy decisions
- Research new market opportunities
- Work with technology teams to automate processes when required
- Assist trading teams realize the maximum potential of project through continuous communication with all stakeholders to deliver objectives in a timely manner.
- 1-4 years of previous work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Keen interest in trading and technology
- Coding background is not required but Python skills a plus
- Candidates must have experience of working in finance or trading; Or should have relevant academic background (MBA/CFA); prior experience in trading a plus;
- Ability to work across disciplines and quickly transition from one project to another
Why You Should Join Us
- Great People. We’re curious engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and like to have fun while achieving our goals
- Transparent Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organizational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as yearly offsites, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Health & Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, gym membership and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees