AlphaGrep is a quantitative trading firm founded in 2010. Majority of our revenues come from proprietary trading, but we have also incorporated a quantitative asset management business in 2021 (with funds in Singapore, China and India) that is growing rapidly.
We are one of the largest firms by trading volume on Indian exchanges and have significant market share on several large global exchanges as well. We use a disciplined and systematic quantitative approach to identify factors that consistently generate alpha. These factors are then coupled with our proprietary ultra-low latency trading systems and robust risk management to develop trading strategies across asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, fixed income) that trade on global exchanges.
Our traders execute lightning-fast algorithmic strategies based on patterns in market behaviour in over 150 markets worldwide. As a Quantitative Researcher, you’ll draw upon your computer science, mathematical, and analytical abilities to develop complex and nimble code used to grow our business and increase the efficiency of the global financial markets.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following
- Designing, implementing, and deploying high-frequency trading algorithms
- Exploring trading ideas by analysing market data and market microstructure for patterns
- Creating tools to analyse data for patterns
- Contributing to libraries of analytical computations to support market data analysis and trading
- Developing, augmenting, and calibrating exchange simulators
AlphaGrep encourages Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD students in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering and other related fields to apply.
Additional requirements include
- Familiarity with machine learning (a plus)
- Experience with data analysis, market research and data modelling (a plus)
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- Software development experience as demonstrated through course work, research projects, or open source activities, preferably in C++, Python
- Experience as a Teaching Assistant and/or participation in relevant Olympiads (a plus)
- Past industry experience (a plus)
- A passion for new technologies and ideas
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- A working knowledge of Linux/Unix
Why You Should Join Us?
- Great People. We’re curious engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and like to have fun while achieving our goals.
- Transparent Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions.
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organisational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as yearly off-sites, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Health & Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, gym membership and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees.