Systems & Network
AlphaGrep - UK, London✓ Apply for this job
We are seeking a bright and resourceful individual who will work as Systems Engineer with our trading team which is based out of our London office.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting and Maintaining the trading team’s trading Linux Infrastructure
- Proactively working on issues, identifying problem areas and providing solutions to enhance performance
- Managing, Benchmarking and Scaling Distributed File System (NFS, GlusterFS, ReadyNAS) for hosted data centres and public clouds
- Managing, Benchmarking and Scaling Job Scheduling services (SunGridEngine, Oracle Grid Engine) for hosted data centres and public clouds
- Managing, Benchmarking and Scaling hosting services for - git repos, issue trackers, web servers and portals. Ensuring secured access to authorized devices.
- Managing and monitoring Security solutions for secured access to linux systems. Automating detection of suspicious activities.
- Managing essential core services such as DHCP, LDAP, DNS
- Interacting with firm’s system team for smooth operations
- Managing and benchmarking network connectivity, automated alerts for flaps, auto-switching to backups in co-ordination with firm’s system team
- Working with vendors to procure high performance hardware and resolve issues
- Experience with distributed systems - ReadyNAS, GlusterFS, GPFS, GFS etc
- Experience with two factor authentication and security automations
- Experience with GitLab, BitBucket, GitHub etc hosting, securing and scaling, Experience with CI/CD (TeamCity etc) hosting, securing and scaling
- Experience with MySQL server hosting and performance benchmarking
- Experience with configuration management tools, package management tools, user management tools
- Knowledge of RedHat Centos and simultaneous setup for python2.7 and python 3.8
- Expert knowledge of bash, ACL, other access control frameworks
- Understanding of server-side networking, networking protocols, designing and configuring network layout
Why You Should Join Us
- Great People. We’re curious engineers, mathematicians, statisticians and like to have fun while achieving our goals
- Transparent Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organizational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as yearly offsites, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Health & Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, gym membership and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees